Obama: U.S. to help investigate what happened with crashed Malaysia plane
WILMINGTON Del. (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Thursday the crash of a Malaysian jetliner on the border of Ukraine was a "terrible tragedy" and the United States would offer any assistance necessary to help determine what happened and why.
Obama said officials were looking into whether U.S. citizens were on board the plane.
Obama made the comments at the beginning of remarks about infrastructure in Delaware.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on