More than 300 dead in Malaysian airliner downing: Ukrainian ministry aide
KIEV (Reuters) - The total number of dead in the crash of a Malaysia Airlines plane in eastern Ukraine is more than 300 and includes 23 U.S. citizens, a Ukrainian interior ministry aide said.
"More than 300 innocent people have been killed ... it is known that 23 U.S. citizens were killed," Zoryan Shkyryak was quoted by Interfax news agency as saying.
The airline said there were 280 passengers and 15 crew members on the flight.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba shares surge 46 percent in their debut |