More than 300 dead in Malaysian airliner downing: Ukrainian ministry aide
KIEV (Reuters) - The total number of dead in the crash of a Malaysia Airlines plane in eastern Ukraine is more than 300 and includes 23 U.S. citizens, a Ukrainian interior ministry aide said.
"More than 300 innocent people have been killed ... it is known that 23 U.S. citizens were killed," Zoryan Shkyryak was quoted by Interfax news agency as saying.
The airline said there were 280 passengers and 15 crew members on the flight.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command