More than 300 dead in Malaysian airliner downing: Ukrainian ministry aide
KIEV (Reuters) - The total number of dead in the crash of a Malaysia Airlines plane in eastern Ukraine is more than 300 and includes 23 U.S. citizens, a Ukrainian interior ministry aide said.
"More than 300 innocent people have been killed ... it is known that 23 U.S. citizens were killed," Zoryan Shkyryak was quoted by Interfax news agency as saying.
The airline said there were 280 passengers and 15 crew members on the flight.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early