Kansas City Southern revenue rises on higher grain, auto shipments
July 18 (Reuters) - Railroad operator Kansas City Southern reported higher quarterly net income and revenue, helped by a jump in agriculture and automotive shipments.
Net income available to common stockholders jumped to $129.8 million, or $1.18 per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from $15.4 million, or 14 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $1.21 per share.
Total revenue rose 12 percent to $649.7 million. (Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’