Kansas City Southern revenue rises on higher grain, auto shipments
July 18 (Reuters) - Railroad operator Kansas City Southern reported higher quarterly net income and revenue, helped by a jump in agriculture and automotive shipments.
Net income available to common stockholders jumped to $129.8 million, or $1.18 per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from $15.4 million, or 14 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $1.21 per share.
Total revenue rose 12 percent to $649.7 million. (Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Gunman killed, three students shot in Florida university library |
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily