CBS CEO says he will look at CNN if it goes up for sale
LOS ANGELES, July 17
LOS ANGELES, July 17 (Reuters) - CBS Corp Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves said on Thursday the media company would take a look at Time Warner Inc's cable news network CNN if it goes up for sale as part of a merger with Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox Inc.
Moonves was asked by reporters at a Television Critics Association meeting whether he wanted to buy CNN if Fox decides to sell the channel in order to clear regulatory hurdles in a possible merger with Time Warner. Fox's initial offer was rebuffed.
"We've always talked about doing things with CNN," Moonves responded. "We'll see. It's something I'm sure we will look at if that becomes available." (Reporting by Lisa Richwine; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey