CBS CEO says he will look at CNN if it goes up for sale
LOS ANGELES, July 17
LOS ANGELES, July 17 (Reuters) - CBS Corp Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves said on Thursday the media company would take a look at Time Warner Inc's cable news network CNN if it goes up for sale as part of a merger with Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox Inc.
Moonves was asked by reporters at a Television Critics Association meeting whether he wanted to buy CNN if Fox decides to sell the channel in order to clear regulatory hurdles in a possible merger with Time Warner. Fox's initial offer was rebuffed.
"We've always talked about doing things with CNN," Moonves responded. "We'll see. It's something I'm sure we will look at if that becomes available." (Reporting by Lisa Richwine; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- Pennsylvania sniper held without bail in trooper shooting |
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Wall St. rallied broadly as BOJ ramps up stimulus