Egyptian police officer shot dead in Sinai
CAIRO (Reuters) - One Egyptian police officer was shot dead on Friday by unknown armed assailants in the North Sinai city of El-Arish, security sources told Reuters.
The lieutenant was shot several times as he made his way home, they said.
Egypt has been hit by a wave of violence, mainly by militants based in the Sinai peninsula against security forces, since the army ousted president Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood last year.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong warns democracy protesters of firm response |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Global stocks succumb to growth fears; ECB trillion euro question awaits