Egyptian police officer shot dead in Sinai
CAIRO (Reuters) - One Egyptian police officer was shot dead on Friday by unknown armed assailants in the North Sinai city of El-Arish, security sources told Reuters.
The lieutenant was shot several times as he made his way home, they said.
Egypt has been hit by a wave of violence, mainly by militants based in the Sinai peninsula against security forces, since the army ousted president Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood last year.
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief