Israeli soldier, 11 Palestinians killed in Gaza ground offensive
JERUSALEM/GAZA (Reuters) - Israel announced on Friday that a soldier had been killed, its first fatality since a Gaza ground offensive was launched the previous evening, and another two soldiers were wounded.
Eleven Palestinians were killed in Gaza, Palestinian health officials said. There was no immediate breakdown of how many were combatants.
(Created by Allyn Fisher-Ilan; Editing byu Paul Tait)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report