Julius Baer says to buy Bank Leumi Swiss, Luxembourg private bank
ZURICH, July 21
ZURICH, July 21 (Reuters) - Julius Baer said on Monday that it will buy the private banking activities of Bank Leumi in Luxembourg and Switzerland, in a deal which will cost up to 70 million Swiss francs ($78.01 million).
The Zurich-based private bank said goodwill payable on the deal is 10 million francs, but that restructuring, integration and other spending will add to the total cost.
The deal will add a low single-digit percentage to earnings per share from 2016, Baer said, if three quarters of Leumi's clients transfer their funds.
($1 = 0.8973 Swiss Francs) (Reporting By Katharina Bart)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade