Manpower gets boost from European job market recovery
July 21 (Reuters) - Staffing company ManpowerGroup Inc reported a 5.6 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by a recovery in hiring in Europe.
The company's revenue increased to $5.32 billion, with revenue from Europe rising 9 percent to $3.50 billion.
Net income rose to $109.8 million, or $1.35 per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from $68.2 million, or 87 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net income for the year earlier included a restructuring charge of 18 cents per share. (Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor