SK Hynix says Toshiba seeks 109.15 bln yen in NAND leak suit
SEOUL, July 21
SEOUL, July 21 (Reuters) - South Korea's SK Hynix Inc on Monday said Japanese rival Toshiba Corp is seeking 109.15 billion yen ($1.08 billion) in damages in a lawsuit filed in Japan over the suspected leak of NAND flash memory chip technology.
SK Hynix disclosed the amount in a regulatory filing after receiving official notice of the lawsuit, which was filed in March.
Toshiba filed the suit with the Tokyo district court following the arrest by Tokyo police of a former engineer at a Toshiba-affiliated chipmaker who was suspected of improperly providing technical data to SK Hynix.
($1 = 101.2700 Japanese Yen) (Reporting by Se Young Lee)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order