Malaysian Prime Minister to make "significant announcement" on MH17
KUALA LUMPUR, July 21
KUALA LUMPUR, July 21 (Reuters) - Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak is due to make a "significant announcement" about Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 around midnight Kuala Lumpur time (1600 GMT), according to officials in the country.
No other details were immediately available.
The Boeing 777-200ER, which was on a scheduled flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur with 298 passengers and crew, was shot down over Ukraine on 17 July. There were no survivors. (Reporting By Siva Govindasamy; editing by Mike Collett-White)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Man charged with killing NFL player Peterson's son released on bond: report