CORRECTED-Gentiva gets buyout offer, rejects Kindred's proposal (July 17)
(Corrects first paragraph of July 17 story to say Gentiva received a buyout offer, not favoured the offer)
July 17 (Reuters) - Gentiva Health Services Inc rejected Kindred Healthcare Inc's offer to buy a stake in the home healthcare services provider, and said it received a buyout offer from an unnamed party.
Gentiva said it got a $17.25 per share buyout offer from "a recognized owner, operator and investor in the sector" on Thursday.
Earlier this week, Kindred had raised its hostile bid to $16 per share for a 14.9 percent stake in Gentiva, stepping up its pursuit of the home healthcare services provided by Gentiva to an aging U.S. population. (Reporting By Amrutha Penumudi in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor