Pakistan to target USD1bn from Islamic bond
July 22 (IFR) - Pakistan is looking to raise USD1bn from an Islamic bond denominated in US dollars and plans to finalise arrangers within two weeks, according to a finance ministry official.
The government has shortlisted four banks to arrange the Islamic bond, or sukuk, and plans to launch the deal as early as September, the official said.
Pakistan raised USD2bn from a two-part global bond in April, its first after an absence of seven years. (Reporting By Frances Yoon. Editing By Steve Garton)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command