TABLE-Swiss trade surplus narrows to 1.4 bln sfr in June
ZURICH, July 22
ZURICH, July 22 (Reuters) - Exports from Switzerland rose by a real 2.2 percent in June to 16.9 billion Swiss francs ($18.82 billion) compared to the year before, the Federal Customs Office said on Tuesday.
Overall, Switzerland ran a merchandise trade surplus of 1.377 billion francs in June.
(millions of Swiss francs)
June 2014 May 2014 June 2013
Imports 15,489 14,476.3 14,849
Exports 16,866 17,325.3 17,478
Balance 1,377 2,848.9 2,641
The figures exclude precious metals and stones, works of art and antiques.
For the full statement Reuters 3000 Xtra users can click on:
For a story on Swiss economy click on...
For recent Swiss National Bank comments...
($1 = 0.8982 Swiss Francs)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief