Turkey's Akbank beats forecasts with 893 mln lira Q2 net profit
ISTANBUL, July 23
ISTANBUL, July 23 (Reuters) - Turkish lender Akbank said on Wednesday its net profit dropped to 893 million lira ($427 million) in the second quarter, but it beat the 763 million lira forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts.
The result compared with a net profit of 914 million in the second quarter a year ago.
($1 = 2.0903 Turkish Liras) (Reporting by Ebru Tuncay; Writing by Nick Tattersall)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |