Industrial gas supplier Praxair's profit rises 5 pct
July 23 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Praxair Inc reported a 5 percent rise in quarterly profit, buoyed by increased prices and higher sales to the energy, chemicals and manufacturing industries.
Net income rose to $467 million, $1.58 per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from $445 million, or $1.49 per share, a year earlier.
Total sales rose 3 percent to $3.11 billion, driven mainly by higher sales from project start-ups in North America and Asia. (Reporting By Kanika Sikka and Sneha Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria