Mexico's Walmex says 2nd-qtr profit doubles
MEXICO CITY, July 23
MEXICO CITY, July 23 (Reuters) - Mexico's biggest retailer, Wal-Mart de Mexico, on Wednesday said its second-quarter profit doubled.
The company reported a profit of 10.418 billion pesos ($802 million) for the period from April to June, up from 5.147 billion pesos a year earlier.
($1 = 12.9865 pesos at end June) (Reporting by Elinor Comlay)
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Kurds say they have halted Islamic State advance on Syrian town |