Release of Brazil's June jobless rate postponed due to strike
BRASILIA, July 24
BRASILIA, July 24 (Reuters) - The release of Brazil's national unemployment rate was postponed for a second month due to a strike at the national statistics agency IBGE, the agency said on Thursday.
Data for June was due out at 9 a.m. (1200 GMT) on Thursday.
The strike affected analysis of data from two metropolitan areas, Salvador and Porto Alegre, IBGE said. (Reporting by Rodrigo Viga Gaier; Writing by Silvio Cascione)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program