Teck Resources' profit falls as coal prices remain weak
July 24 (Reuters) - Canadian diversified miner Teck Resources Ltd reported a 44 percent drop in quarterly earnings, mainly due to "significantly" lower coal prices.
Net profit attributable to shareholders fell to C$80 million ($74.6 million), or 14 Canadian cents per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from C$143 million, or 25 Canadian cents per share, in the same period a year earlier.
Revenue fell 6.6 percent to C$2.01 billion. ($1 = 1.0722 Canadian dollars) (Reporting by Sneha Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown