BNSF train carrying oil derails in Seattle - local media
July 24 (Reuters) - A Burlington Northern Santa Fe train carrying crude oil derailed in Seattle on Thursday, but there were no immediate reports of a spill or injury, according to local television stations.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe, owned by Berkshire Hathaway , was not immediately available for comment, but was cited in media reports as saying the train was carrying oil and that the cause of the accident was being investigated. (Reporting by Edward McAllister in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video