Hedge fund Greenlight details short bets, still likes Apple
BOSTON, July 25
BOSTON, July 25 (Reuters) - Hedge fund manager David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital told investors on Friday that it has short bets against supermarket chain Safeway Inc. and Questcor Pharmaceuticals which was is being taken over by Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals.
The firm is also short cigarette maker Lorillard Inc. Martin Marietta Materials and said that Mallinckrodt might make for an "attractive short sale candidate" if the merger is completed.
Einhorn, whose comments on stocks are widely watched, also threw his weight behind long-time favorites Apple Inc. and Marvell Technology plus Micron Technology, saying they have "strong prospects and are undervalued." (Reporting by Svea Herbst-Bayliss; Editing by David Gregorio)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source |