Bharti Airtel posts a 61 percent jump in profit
July 29 (Reuters) - Top Indian mobile carrier Bharti Airtel posted a 61 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by less competition.
Bharti raked in 11.08 billion rupees ($184.31 million) of profit, up from 6.89 billion last year.
Analysts, on average, were expecting the company to earn 12.17 billion rupees (1 US dollar = 60.1150 Indian rupee) (Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Mumbai; Editing by David Holmes)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |