Bharti Airtel posts a 61 percent jump in profit
July 29 (Reuters) - Top Indian mobile carrier Bharti Airtel posted a 61 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by less competition.
Bharti raked in 11.08 billion rupees ($184.31 million) of profit, up from 6.89 billion last year.
Analysts, on average, were expecting the company to earn 12.17 billion rupees (1 US dollar = 60.1150 Indian rupee) (Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Mumbai; Editing by David Holmes)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |