Edwards Lifesciences posts higher profit
July 29 (Reuters) - Edwards Lifesciences Corp posted stronger second-quarter earnings on Tuesday, propelled by a gain from a legal settlement and higher sales of its heart valves that are implanted in a less-invasive procedure than traditional open-heart surgery.
Net income for the quarter rose to $547 million, or $5.09 per share, from $93.3 million, or 81 cents per share, a year ago.
Net sales increased 11.2 percent to $575.1 million. (Reporting by Susan Kelly in Chicago. Editing by Andre Grenon)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury has made decision in fatal shooting of black teen: report |
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft