Artillery shelling hits central Donetsk - witness
DONETSK, Ukraine, July 29
DONETSK, Ukraine, July 29 (Reuters) - Artillery fire hit central Donetsk in eastern Ukraine on Tuesday, killing at least one person in the rebel-held city as government forces pressed their military campaign against pro-Russian separatists.
A Reuters witness saw the body of a dead man lying in rubble behind a badly damaged 10-storey residential building close to the city centre after the shelling.
The Ukrainian forces have been steadily advancing after driving the rebels out of other towns and back into their two main strongholds, the cities of Donetsk and Luhansk. (Reporting by Aleksandar Vasovic, writing by Gabriela Baczynska, editing by Timothy Heritage)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Man charged with killing NFL player Peterson's son released on bond: report