Russia accuses Ukrainian troops of gunfire across border
MOSCOW, July 29
MOSCOW, July 29 (Reuters) - Russia repeated accusations on Tuesday that Kiev's forces had fired across the border from eastern Ukraine into Russian territory with assault rifles and grenade launchers.
"We officially demand Kiev stop firing at the sovereign territory of the Russian Federation," the foreign ministry said in a statement.
Kiev has denied firing into Russian territory.
(Reporting By Alexei Anishchuk, editing by Thomas Grove)
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting