U.S. expands economic sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
WASHINGTON, July 29
WASHINGTON, July 29 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Tuesday the United States has expanded sanctions against Russia over its support for rebels in eastern Ukraine.
Obama said the sanctions targeted energy, defense and finance sectors of the Russian economy.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5