Israeli TV retracts report Gaza ceasefire agreed
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - An Israeli television station retracted its report on Tuesday that a ceasefire in the Gaza conflict had been agreed, saying instead there was "movement" toward a truce between Israel and the Palestinian territory's dominant Hamas Islamists being brokered by Egypt.
"A senior (Israeli) official has clarified that there is no agreement on a ceasefire," said Channel Two, which had earlier quoted a senior official, also unnamed, saying there was a provisional deal in place.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.