Amedisys posts higher profit driven by cost cuts
July 30 (Reuters) - Home health and hospice company Amedisys Inc reported a 38 percent rise in adjusted quarterly profit, helped by a fall in operating expenses.
Adjusted net income attributable to Amedisys rose to $8 million, or 25 cents per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from $5.8 million, or 18 cents, a year earlier.
Net service revenue fell 3.4 percent to $305 million. (Reporting by Natalie Grover in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine
- Western leaders step away from nuclear talks with Iran as deadline nears