Argentina economy minister to hold NY press conference shortly
July 30 (Reuters) - Argentina's Economy Minister Axel Kicillof was expected to speak shortly at the country's New York consulate, a government spokeswoman said on Wednesday.
Kicillof has been locked in intense negotiations with holdout creditors demanding to be paid the full value for bonds they own on which Argentina defaulted. The talks have been overseen by a mediator appointed by a U.S. judge who ordered Argentina to pay the creditors. (Reporting by Dan Burns)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |