Barclays says investment bank activity slows in July
LONDON, July 30
LONDON, July 30 (Reuters) - Barclays said trading activity in its investment bank had slowed this month and July could be the unit's weakest month so far this year.
"It's probably been the slowest month for us this year," Finance Director Tushar Morzaria told analysts on a conference call, saying the slowdown had been across the business.
"Is it just a regular summer slowdown? It could be, it's hard to tell," he added.
He was speaking after Barclays reported an 8 percent drop in profits in the second quarter as revenues at its investment bank fell. (Reporting by Steve Slater; Editing by Matt Scuffham)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |