Goodyear Tire profit up 18 pct
July 30 (Reuters) - Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co, the biggest U.S. tire maker, reported a higher quarterly profit on increased demand for replacement tires.
Net income available to the company's shareholders increased about 18 percent to $213 million, or 76 cents per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from $181 million, or 67 cents per share, a year earlier.
Replacement tire shipments were up 6 percent, with growth in all four regions, Goodyear said. (Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |