MEG Energy posts profit as production rises
July 30 (Reuters) - MEG Energy Corp reported a second-quarter profit, compared with a year-earlier loss, helped by increased bitumen production in its oil sands operations and higher prices.
MEG reported a net profit of C$248.95 million ($229.13 million), or C$1.11 per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, compared with a net loss of C$62.31 million, or 28 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
MEG, whose main operations are in the southern Athabasca oil sands region of Alberta, said production rose to 68,984 barrels per day in the quarter from 32,144 a year earlier. ($1 = 1.0865 Canadian dollars) (Reporting by Sneha Banerjee; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |