ISDA asked to consider credit event on Argentina CDS
NEW YORK, July 31 (IFR) - The International Swaps and Derivatives Association has received its first request to consider whether a credit event has occurred on Argentina's credit default swap contracts (CDS), according to the ISDA website.
Swiss bank UBS on Thursday asked ISDA's determinations committee to consider whether a "failure to pay" credit event has occurred, citing a missed deadline to deliver interest payments to exchange bondholders.
If the request is accepted, the 15-member committee will vote on whether a payment on Argentine CDS contracts can be triggered. (Reporting by Davide Scigliuzzo; Editing by Marc Carnegie)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video