Avon profit falls 40 pct
July 31 (Reuters) - Avon Products Inc, a direct seller of beauty products, reported a 40 percent fall in quarterly profit as sales were hurt by increased competition in key markets such as Latin America and the United States.
Net income attributable to Avon tumbled to $19 million, or 4 cents per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from $31.9 million, or 7 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 13 percent to $2.19 billion, excluding the impact of currency fluctuations. (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home