DirecTV quarterly revenue rises 5 pct
July 31 (Reuters) - DirecTV, the No.1 U.S. satellite TV provider, reported a 5.3 percent rise in second-quarter revenue, helped by price increases and fewer subscriber disconnections.
Net income attributable to the company rose to $806 million, or $1.59 per share, for the quarter ended June 30 from $660 million, or $1.18 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $8.11 billion from $7.70 billion a year earlier.
U.S. net subscriber disconnections fell to 34,000 from 84,000 a year earlier. (Reporting by Supantha Mukherjee in Bangalore)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies