Europe shares steady at open; Sanofi rises after results
PARIS, July 31
PARIS, July 31 (Reuters) - European shares were steady in early trade on Thursday as investors combed through a batch of corporate results from blue-chips such as Sanofi, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Royal Dutch Shell.
Shares in Sanofi surged 4 percent after the French drugmaker raised its full-year profit forecast, while German sportswear company Adidas sank 9 percent after saying it will scale back plans to expand in Russia.
At 0709 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.09 percent at 1,367.91 points, after losing 0.5 percent on Wednesday.
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets