Mosaic second-quarter profit falls 42 pct
July 31 (Reuters) - U.S. fertilizer company Mosaic Co reported a 42 percent slump in quarterly profit, hurt by weak potash prices.
Net earnings attributable to the company fell to $248.4 million, or 64 cents per share per share, in the second quarter ended June 30, from $429.8 million, or $1.01 per share, a year earlier.
Net sales fell 7 percent to $2.44 billion.
(Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |