Outerwall profit halves, hurt by fewer DVD releases
July 31 (Reuters) - Outerwall Inc quarterly profit fell by more than half as fewer movie DVD releases led to lower revenue for its Redbox video rental kiosk business.
The company's net income fell to $21.8 million, or $1.08 per share, in the second quarter ended June 30 from $46.9 million, or $1.64 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell marginally to $549.2 million from $553.1 million. (Reporting By Lehar Maan in Bangalore; Editing by Rodney Joyce)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials