France's Iliad makes buyout offer for T-Mobile U.S. -WSJ
July 31 (Reuters) - French telecoms operator Iliad has made a buyout offer for T-Mobile USA Inc, the Wall Street Journal cited sources as saying, a surprise bid that counters an offer by Sprint Corp.
Details of the offer, which was made to T-Mobile's board, were unclear but the Journal cited one of its sources as saying it involved control of the company.
Shares in T-Mobile were up 4.5 percent at midday. Iliad and T-Mobile were not immediately available for comment. (Reporting by San Francisco newsroom)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.