Quakes strike Myanmar, India's Andaman Islands; no tsunami warning
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Earthquakes of magnitude 6.2 and 6.1 struck Myanmar and India's Andaman islands on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) said.
No Tsunami warning was issued after the Andaman quake, an official at the India Meteorological Department said.
The Myanmar quake struck 185 miles west of Mergui and was 19.3 miles deep, according to USGS.
(Reporting by Aditya Kalra; editing by Malini Menon)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program