CORRECTED-VIETNAM PRESS-Intel to make 80 pct of Haswell computer chips in Vietnam - Tuoi Tre
(In July 30 press item, corrects headline and paragraph 1 to say Intel Vietnam will make 80 pct of Haswell CPUs, not global computer chips) Intel's factory in Vietnam will produce 80 percent of its Haswell CPUs used in computers globally by July 2015, according to an Intel Products Vietnam official, the Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reports.
Intel has invested around $450 million and employs 1,000 people at its facility in Vietnam, according to the report.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Biju Dwarakanath)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |