Belgacom raises outlook after strong second quarter
BRUSSELS Aug 1 (Reuters) - Belgian telecoms group Belgacom on Friday said its core profit would fall by less than initially forecast in 2014, after its second quarter results were much better than expected.
The group said its 2014 core profit would now fall by between 1 and 2 percent, versus a previous guidance of a fall between 3 and 4 percent.
Core profit rose 14.3 percent in the second quarter to 491 million euros ($657.20 million), well above the 437 million expected in a Reuters poll of eight analysts.
(Reporting by Robert-Jan Bartunek)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel