China July official PMI rises to 51.7 from 51 in June
BEIJING Aug 1 (Reuters) - Activity in China's factory sector quickened to a 27-month high in July, a government survey showed on Friday, adding to signs that the economy is regaining momentum after a bust of government stimulus measures.
China's official Purchasing Managers' Index rose to 51.7 in July from 51 in June, the National Bureau of Statistics said.
Economists had expected the reading to rise to 51.4 in July. (Reporting by Kevin Yao; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials