Inflation-indexed food subsidy best to calculate local subsidies- India govt source
NEW DELHI Aug 1 (Reuters) - Inflation-indexed food subsidy calculation is the best way to calculate domestic subsidies, an Indian trade ministry official said on Friday.
India's demands for concessions on agricultural stockpiling blocked on Thursday a global deal to standardise customs rules, which would have been the first global trade reform in two decades.
New Delhi has sought an indefinite peace clause on food security until a permanent solution is found, the official, who did not wish to be identified due to the sensitivity of the matter, told reporters earlier. (Reporting by Manoj Kumar; editing by Malini Menon)
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report