JGBs steady to slightly firmer as stocks dive
TOKYO, Aug 1 (IFR) - JGBs moved flat to slightly firmer with yields falling a little only in the mid- to 20-year sector, after stock markets slumped in the United States and Europe.
The 10-year JGB futures rose 0.06 point to 145.98 while the yield on the cash 10-year bonds stood flat at 0.530 percent. The 20-year yield dipped 0.5 basis point to 1.390 percent.
Brokers said that there were few investor flows. (Reporting by Takahiro Okamoto; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |