Brazil's ANP fines Petrobras again over output measures
Brazil's oil regulator, ANP, said on Friday it fined Petroleo Brasileiro SA 7 million reais ($3.10 million) for not regulating the system to measure gas output at the Cherne-1 platform.
The output levels recorded by the gauges are used in the calculation of royalty payments to Brazil's government. Petrobras, as the company is known, was fined 5.55 million reais on Monday for a similar problem at its Lula offshore field. ($1 = 2.2571 Reais)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey