Russia VTB says paid off $3.1 bln syndicated loan this month
MOSCOW Aug 1 (Reuters) - Russia's second largest bank, VTB said on Friday it had paid off a $3.1 billion syndicated loan with its own funds earlier this month, before it was hit by Western sanctions.
"We confirm that on July 14 a syndicated loan for the amount of $3.1 billion was paid off with our own funds," it said in a statement. (Reporting by Alexander Winning, editing by Elizabeth Piper)
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California