U.S. Senate extends transport funding through May, averting cuts
WASHINGTON, July 31
WASHINGTON, July 31 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate on Thursday approved a $10.9 billion funding extension for highway and transit construction projects through May 2015, averting a potential cutback in federal payments to states that was due to start on Friday.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement