Magnitude 6.0 quake strikes of coast of Japan
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A magnitude 6.0 earthquake struck off the coast of Japan's Okinawa island on Sunday, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre.
The quake struck at a depth of about 6.2 miles, 125 miles north-northeast of Okinawa's capital city of Naha. No tsunami warning was issued.
(Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols