Gannett agrees to buy rest of Cars.com - Bloomberg
Aug 4 (Reuters) - Gannett Co Inc one of the newspaper owners of Cars.com, has agreed to buy out the part of the auto-sales website that it doesn't already own for $1.8 billion, Bloomberg News reported on Monday.
Gannett, the parent company of newspaper USA Today, is one of the five newspaper publishers that back Classified Ventures, the entity that owns Cars.com. Cars.com helps people buy and sell cars on the Internet.
Reuters reported in May that Gannett was exploring a bid for the entire company..
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- BOJ shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows